Sex Education Reform
Much debate has been circulating regarding the topic of "Sex Education Reform" pertaining to the Clark County School District. This section will offer information on the facts regarding this topic, Op-Ed pieces from members of the community, and resources for how to get involved.
CANADIAN SEX ED - A LOOK INTO OUR FUTURE:
Unfortunately, Planned Parenthood and the CCLA (The Canadian Civil Liberties Association - the Canadian iteration of the ACLU) were successful in implementing comprehensive sex ed on the nationwide level in Canada. We can learn from the experiences of Canadian parents as to how we can combat the same result here in the states. To learn more about there experience, watch the video below, or click here for a more detailed account.
Sex Ed Issues Considered Important by Power2Parent:
1. Maintain the requirement to opt-in to sex education.
2. CCSD personnel should be the only people teaching our children Sex Ed.
3. Sex Ed should not be taught to ages younger than 5th grade - nor should it be taught to every grade in school.
4. We want policies and safeguards to protect parental rights.
5. We want safety for all individuals while respecting all value systems and cultures.